We all know the agony that comes with the unwanted belly flab or those heavy legs that cannot move the way they used to. Shedding weight can be a strenuous task that requires patience and zeal to push through and achieve success.
However, you can make the journey a bit easier with the right training equipment by your side. Whether you are just starting or a professional fitness practitioner, a treadmill undoubtedly makes up for an important part of your daily regimen.
However, picking the right treadmill on a budget could be challenging. So, how should you go about it?
To help make the process of selecting the best treadmill under $1000 easier for you, here is a complete guide with the best products available in the market.
But before moving forward let’s have a quick look at our recommendations:
Buying Guide for the Best Treadmill Under $1000
Running is great cardio for gym-goers that need to lose weight, de-stress, and loosen their stiff joints. But, before you select the right treadmill, you need to understand why exactly you need it.
1 — Determine Your Treadmill Size & Workout Space:
When selecting a treadmill for your home gym, you need to decide the room you can spare to keep the machine. It will help you save time before shopping. Try to measure the space on your floor where you plan on placing the treadmill.
If you plan on purchasing a folding treadmill, you should also consider the vertical space in your home gym.
You can find the dimensions of the treadmill in the packaging or product description when purchasing online. Keeping track of this information dubs you an efficient shopper and helps you hunt down the right unit faster.
Even if yours is a foldable treadmill, you need to ensure enough space for footwork when using the same.
It is recommended that you look for a 22-inch wide belt in your treadmill to ensure that you have enough room when walking or running.
Although some suggest that a 20-inch belt would be sufficient, having a 22-inch belt would serve better. Apart from this, the concerned length for your treadmill should be at least 50 inches for average height walkers.
However, if you are 6 feet or taller, you must opt for a 55 or 60-inch long walker.
2 — Opt for Foldable Versions:
Once the size of your treadmill has been determined, you need to check whether foldable treadmills fit into your budget. Standard treadmills are cheaper as compared to the foldable variants.
However, given the evolution in technology, treadmills are available today at a cheaper price point. So much so that it can easily fit into your budget.
Make sure you review the dimensions and specifications of the folding treadmill before you invest in one.
3 — Consider Your Workout Routine:
Before you purchase a treadmill, question your workout routine. What would it involve? Would you opt for relaxing walks or an intensive running session? The answer to this question will aid you in narrowing down the motor power of your treadmill.
You can select whether you want to invest in a motor with high power or if you can settle for something that doesn’t cost much but gives you a fair cardio session.
4 — Set the Budget:
As we discuss treadmills below $1000, it sure is a great budget for a powerful machine.
In addition, having a budget in place can help you narrow down the selection criteria in features such as power inclines, displays, AUX port, material, and other features.
Features to Look for in a Treadmill under $1000
Depending on the features you need during the workout session, you can select some while not paying anything extra for others that you don’t necessarily need.
So, here are some features that might be important for you as a fitness enthusiast.
1 — Automated Inclines:
Your body has a habit of developing resistance to exercising routines when you don’t take it up a notch now and then. If you exercise at a certain speed with no variations, you might stop losing weight after some time.
So, investing in a treadmill with automated inclines could be a great move.
Automated inclines help you set the treadmill at a certain inclination depending on how difficult your session needs to be. Then, with the simple push of a button, you can set the inclination as required.
2 — In-Built Workout Programs:
Modern-day treadmills offer a range of in-built workout programs designed to help you control the incline and speed. However, you need to understand that some budget treadmills might only work in manual mode.
With a few bucks extra, you can get access to these in-built workout programs that include variants such as pulse monitoring, workout sessions delivered via interactive videos, and so on.
3 Additional Accessories to Consider
Several renowned treadmill brands let you personalize the treadmill as per your workout routine.
As a fitness enthusiast, you can consider your specific requirements and pick the important accessories while avoiding the ones that aren’t necessary. Here are some of the accessories you can invest in:
1. Treadmill Mats:
Adding a treadmill mat to your shopping cart can help the treadmill’s durability while avoiding any abrasions to the floor underneath. It is especially useful in case you plan on placing the machine on your carpet.
It also minimizes the noise due to vibration when you use the machine.
2. Cleaning Materials:
Treadmills, like any other machinery, need maintenance and cleaning. The best way to ensure your machine lasts long is to invest in a safe cleaning material for your treadmill.
With the right cleaning solutions & brushes, you can keep your machine shiny and new for years.
You can also look for treadmills that are pre-loaded with features such as a rack for quick reading, a tablet holder, or an earphone outlet. These special features can help keep you engaged and entertained while you exercise.
Now that you know the basics of the best treadmill under $1000, let us check out some of the best treadmills you can invest in.
1. NordicTrack 6.5 T-Series Treadmill
When you invest in the NordicTrack treadmill, you don’t just get access to a reliable exercising machine but also a 30-day free iFIT membership. In addition, you can easily stream on-demand and live workouts that are streamed to you from the best collection of studio classes and global workouts.
Further, the machine gives you access to a one-touch 10 percent incline control. With the help of its iFIT feature, you can control the incline and speed via the Bluetooth connection.
Its smart and highly responsive motor is effective for interval, speed, & endurance training.
The 20 inches wide and 55-inch long belt gives you the right amount of leg & elbow space to help you run with confidence.
The NordicTrack also comes with FlexSelect cushioning on the deck to help prevent any unnecessary impact on your joints.
- Innovative foldable design that helps save up space in your home gym
- It comes with dual speakers for your entertainment
- Features a 300 pound capacity for user weight
- It comes with a frame warranty of 10 years
- Additional 2-year warranty for parts & 1-year warranty on maintenance
- Setup could be a tad difficult
- iFIT subscription is updated automatically; needs to be canceled if not needed
2. Botorro Folding Exercise Treadmill
The Botorro folding exercise treadmill is just what you need to start your fitness journey with its dual-float system for top-notch shock absorption. In addition, the machine’s anti-slip belt comes with a 14-point design for shock absorption as you run on the treadmill to avoid joint pain.
The treadmill features a tread belt with 7 layers totaling 18 inches in width and 50 inches in length for a comfortable exercising routine.
The high-density belt with lawn texturing ensures that you don’t slip as you run along with a strong and reliable cushioning effect.
Botorro’s sturdy build and adjustable handrail help you exercise safely without accidentally worrying about the machine breaking down.
The machine is built with high-quality aluminum molded in a parallelogram support structure with a double column design.
- Triangular and parallelogram structure combination ensures durability
- Uses gas spring-based bars that can be adjusted to the handrail’s height
- Adjustments allow you to customize the machine as per the user’s height
- Height lock feature that keeps the customization in place
- Features a Bluetooth speaker & multi-functional console
- Leaves oil marks on the floor when being used
- It doesn’t have any incline feature
3. Joroto Auto-Incline Folding Treadmill
The Joroto Auto-Incline Treadmill features a commercial-grade tread belt that is 20 inches wide and 50 inches long. The machine gives you access to a belt that is wider than most generic folding treadmills. As a result, it makes walking or running more comfortable and free for fitness enthusiasts.
The design features wear-resistant material that is also anti-skid in design. The machine also helps with better shock absorption and provides you with a quieter workout session.
The space-saving design boasts the addition of a compact base along with a fast-folding and convenient make. We recommend it as the best treadmill under 1000 which will serv for many coming years.
The treadmill can easily be folded down and rolled under your sofa or bed when not being used. The Joroto treadmill is perfect for use in your office, home, or dormitory.
The professional and practical design features an auto-incline design with 10 different incline levels.
- Powerful motor that rotates at 0.6 to 9.0 miles/hours speed
- It comes with 12 different preset programs for incline and speed
- Features 3 versatile countdown modes including distance, calories, & time
- Packs in an easy-to-use control panel
- It comes with one knob for pause/stop & speed increase or decrease
- Too heavy to lift and shift from one place to another
- Display quality isn’t up to the mark
4. Ksports Electric Treadmill with Folding Design
The Ksports treadmill is crafted with carbon steel that is durable and sturdy enough to last for years even when used daily. This complete exercise package takes up a fairly small space in your home gym or any part of the house. It provides you a complete body workout with jogging, walking, running, and more.
The 45-inch long Ksports treadmill comes with a 16.5 inches width ideal for more home joggers looking forward to maintaining their fitness.
The treadmill also comes with 12 automated programs along with 15 powerful auto-incline features.
You can also control the treadmill’s speed manually, taking it from 0.5MpH to 10 MpH.
In addition, the LCD can be read with ease, and the handlebar helps you monitor your heart rate as you exercise on the treadmill.
- Easily monitor your calories, distance traveled, time, pulse, and speed
- It can be paired with the FitShow application for Android and iOS devices
- Shock absorption feature that protects your joints and knees
- Safety key helps you stop immediately in case of emergencies
- It comes with 12 months manufacturer warranty
- It tends to vibrate a lot when running
- Not ideal for tall individuals
5. XTERRA TRX3500 Fitness Folding Treadmill
If you are someone who loves to work out in peace, the XTERRA TRX3500 treadmill comes with a silent design that doesn’t make noises when you run or walk on it. So even with its high torque motor, you can work out without being bothered by the noise.
The heavy-gauge steel frame is welded the right way to provide you the right traction while you exercise without having to worry about the impact on the joints or your knees.
In addition, the frame comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure durability while delivering comfort with the right features in place.
The machine is perfect for users of all heights. The large backlit blue-colored LCD can be read easily and updates you with necessary information such as time, calories burned, distance, pulse rate, and more.
- Features XTRASoft cushioning technology throughout the treadmill deck
- It comes with audio jacks and speakers to keep you entertained
- Features incline to go from zero to 12 percent
- It can be increased from 1mph speed to 10mph
- It can be paired with the Xterra fitness application
- Some bolts might not fit well, need replacement
- Armbars aren’t aligned properly
6. XTERRA TR300 Fitness Folding Treadmill
The XTERRA TR300 is a corded electric treadmill crafted with alloy steel and sturdy enough to hold users of various weights. As a result, the machine can be used by fitness enthusiasts weighing as much as 300lbs. The tread belt added to the machine is 20 inches in width and 55 inches in length.
It also comes with a 5.5 inch backlit LCD that is blue for maximum visibility without straining your eyes. The display can be read with ease and updates you with a range of information, including your pulse rate.
It is especially helpful in case you are someone who suffers from issues such as hypertension.
Further, the machine features 24 preset fitness programs to help you aim for a perfect exercise routine for your fitness goals. You also get access to a remote control located conveniently on its handlebar for incline and speed adjustment.
- Offers both automated and manual control options for workout
- It comes with an extra-soft deck cushioning technology
- Helps avoid any joint or knee pain with impact absorption design
- Safe-drop design that lowers your deck slowly
- The lift assist feature helps lift with ease when folding the machine
- Some pieces could be lopsided
- The zero inclines aren’t completely zero
7. Rhythm Fun Folding Electric Treadmill
Are you tired of the post-workout pain on your knees and joints? The Rhythm electric treadmill is designed to tackle just that. The machine features a high-quality shock-absorbing design while reducing the noise while you run on the treadmill. In addition, the 4.0hp motorized electric machine delivers you a controlled speed for your workout sessions.
The suspended tread belt has 7 layers separated with soft running boards. The machine’s durable steel-based frame helps suspend the shock and is ideal for professionals and beginner fitness enthusiasts.
The large and wide running belt & board can be used by people that weigh 265lbs. the treadmill has a 20 inches wide & 50 inches long belt that helps deliver comfort and safety while you run to achieve that fit body.
- Folding and space-saving design that fits below your furniture
- Features wheels on the treadmill to move it around with ease
- Large LED that displays speed, calorie, distance, time, heart rate, & more
- Attains speed ranging from 0.6mph to 9.0mph
- It comes with 10 years warranty on the mainframe
- Remote tends to glitch at times
- Sessions cannot be paused, only ended
8. RHFitness Foldable Portable Treadmill
The RHFitness portable treadmill is crafted with durable and highest-quality aluminum alloy, making it lightweight to move to your desired location. The machine also features a Bluetooth speaker and its multi-functional display to make your exercising routine easier and more fun.
The treadmill’s armrest is designed with a heart rate monitor to help you keep track of your vitals while you exercise. The LCD monitor can help you track the speed, time, distance, & calories burned.
In addition, the treadmill can be connected to your mobile device with the help of Bluetooth to keep you entertained.
The machine also features a stand for your mobile device to help you watch videos & chat with your friends. The strong motor delivers the right speed along with its patented low-noise and shock-proof system.
- Light yet durable frame made of aluminum alloy
- Features noise reduction and shock absorption features
- It can easily fit into small spaces after being folded
- Can handle 300lbs user weight
- Safety key to immediately stop the belt in emergencies
- Users might have trouble centering the machine
- The motor might get hot very fast
9. ProForm T7 Carbon Smart Treadmill
Are you looking for a treadmill that is light in weight yet durable enough? The ProForm T7 is a reliable exercising machine crafted from top-notch alloy steel that is light enough to be moved to your desired location. In addition, the machine can easily handle user weight up to 300 pounds.
The 55-inch deck length is ideal for users that are 6 feet or more.
In addition, the ProForm treadmill gives you free access to 30-day family membership of the iFIT application, including live streaming of the on-demand workout variants.
You can add as many as 5 users to the iFIT membership that can be played using your iOS or Android devices. The machine also features 7 inches HD interactive LCD touchscreen to display your vital information such as speed, calories burned, heart rate, and more.
- Features a self-cooling motor with Mach Z power
- Digital incline control that goes from 0 to 10 percent
- One-touch speed & incline control button
- Features a 20 inch wide and 55-inch long belt
- Ideal for users up to 6 feet 2 inches in height
- Assembly instructions aren’t clear
- Deck cushioning doesn’t work well
10. WalkingPad R2 Folding Treadmill
The WalkingPad R2 is a 2-in-1 treadmill with a 180-degree folding design to help with portability and easy storage. In addition, the machine is developed with automated walking and running modes that accommodate your regular exercising routines.
The treadmill also features smooth wheels that can help you roll it to the place you want to exercise. Your WalkingPad R2 treadmill has 3 different features for control. It is the best treadmill under 1000.
When used with the manual control option, you can use the on-screen buttons. Alternatively, you can use the versatile remote control or the KS Fit application to set a running speed as required.
Further, the treadmill also features improved power rendering with its enhanced motor design that helps increase the speed smoothly while keeping things as silent as possible.
- Shock absorption feature to help tackle joint or knee pain
- The anti-slip belt provides you a better grip when running
- EVA cushioning that reduces the impact
- Dedicated slot designed to keep your tablet or phone
- Safety clip keeps you safe when exercising
- It comes with only a one-year manufacturer warranty
- It tends to shake a bit when running on the machine
Comparison of Treadmills
|Products||Belt Length||Belt Width||Material||User Weight Capacity|
|NordicTrack 6.5 T-Series Treadmill||55 inches||20 inches||Steel||300 lbs|
|Botorro Folding Exercise Treadmill||50 inches||18 inches||Aluminum||265 lbs|
|Joroto Auto-Incline Folding Treadmill||50 inches||20 inches||Aluminum||260lbs|
|Ksports Electric Treadmill with Folding Design||45 inches||16.5 inches||Carbon Steel||308 lbs|
|XTERRA TRX3500 Fitness Folding Treadmill||60 inches||20 inches||Alloy Steel||350 lbs|
|XTERRA TR300 Fitness Folding Treadmill||55 inches||20 inches||Alloy Steel||300 lbs|
|Rhythm Fun Folding Electric Treadmill||50 inches||20 inches||Alloy Steel||265 lbs|
|RHFitness Foldable Portable Treadmill||51 inches||19 inches||Aluminum Alloy||300 lbs|
|ProForm T7 Carbon Smart Treadmill||55 inches||20 inches||Alloy Steel||300 lbs|
|WalkingPad R2 Folding Treadmill||47 inches||17.3 inches||Aluminum||242 lbs|
Now that you know everything about picking the right treadmill under $1000, you can go on your glorious fitness adventure and shed that weight.
And, before you do that, make sure you warm up and don’t go all out on your very first run on the treadmill. Instead, go slow and increase your speed and inclination with time as you get used to the machine.
So, go on and get your very first treadmill and start your first step towards a healthier tomorrow.